When I was more actively involved in web development, I frequently had to install the PHP GD library on a dedicated or VPS server running cPanel. Anyone just getting started with web development who wants to add more functionality to their website is likely to encounter the error “php gd not installed” sooner or later. Today, learn how to install the PHP GD library on a cPanel VPS or dedicated server.
What is PHP GD?
The PHP GD library, sometimes known as the GD extension, enables programmers to produce and edit images using the PHP programming language. Its uses include picture scaling, thumbnail creation, and text or watermark addition to photos. You’ll need the PHP GD library installed if any of your websites perform any of these kinds of image manipulation.
Anyone wishing to install the PHP GD library on their cPanel VPS or dedicated server should read this blog post. This post will outline the steps you must take to effectively install the PHP GD library, regardless of your level of experience as a web developer. You will be well on your way to extending the capabilities of your website with this potent library after you have a firm grasp of how to install the PHP GD library on your cPanel installation.
Steps for Installing the PHP GD Library:
- Go to the “Software” section after signing in to your cPanel account.
- Click the “Select PHP Version” icon under the “Software” heading.
- You can view a list of every PHP version that is installed on your server on the “Select PHP Version” page. Click the “Set as current” button after choosing the PHP version you want to use.
- Click the “Install PHP PEAR Packages” icon after choosing the PHP version you want to use.
- You can get a list of all the PHP PEAR packages that are available for installation on the “Install PHP PEAR Packages” page. Locate the “gd” package at the bottom of the page by scrolling down.
- Select the “gd” package by checking the box next to it, and then click the “Install Now” button.
Confirming the Installation:
- Your server will now be configured to use the PHP GD library. By returning to the “Select PHP Version” page and selecting the “Switch To PHP Settings” icon, you can verify this. The “gd” module ought to be listed in the “PHP Modules” section.
Although installing the PHP GD library on cPanel is a very simple procedure, it is crucial to carefully follow the instructions to guarantee a successful installation. You may quickly install the PHP GD library on your cPanel installation and begin utilizing it to provide your website more functionality by following the instructions provided in this article. This post will give you the knowledge you need, whether you are a novice or an expert web developer, to effectively install the PHP GD library on your cPanel VPS or dedicated server.
Do You Love Servers?
We do! Do not hesitate to contact us at sales[@]IOFLOOD.com if you require a dedicated server for your website or web application.
We focus on offering dependable and secure dedicated servers to our customers as a web hosting company. We have the tools and know-how to support your success whether you’re looking to host a sizable website with high traffic levels or you require a server for a more specialized web application.
So please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us right away or visit https://ioflood.com to browse our range of servers if you’re looking for a dedicated server you can rely on. We would be happy to assist you with all of your web hosting needs.